How to File or Track a Complaint Via MOHRE in the UAE

How to File a MOHRE Complaint: Steps, Status Checking,

The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE), formerly known as the Ministry of Labour, is dedicated to ensuring the application of labor rights and resolving workplace disputes. In the UAE, there are special laws in place to protect the rights of employees. Here’s a step-by-step approach to filing a MOHRE complaint, as well as an explanation of the circumstances that may necessitate it.

When can an employee in the UAE file a complaint?

The UAE Labour Law (Federal Law No. 8 of 1980) contains several sections that control labor rights. Employees have the right to complain their employers if following conditions are not met:

  • You do not work in a safe and secure setting.
  • You do not receive yearly leave and are not permitted to take time off on public holidays.
  • There are pay or salary delays.
  • Maternity leave is not granted to pregnant employees.
  • An employee’s passport is being held by the company.
  • You are designed to work more than 8 or 9 hours per day.
  • Despite working for the required term in the company, you are not provided gratuity money at the time of resignation.
  • After the termination of your employment contract, you are not allowed a 30-day grace period.
  • You are required to return the fees of your employment visa.

Where can I file a MOHRE complaint?

There is a very clear and simple procedure for filing a complaint with the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE). When you make a complaint, the department investigates the problem, speaks with both parties, and resolves the conflict.


  • Dial 80060 to reach the MOHRE call center.
  • The customer service agent will respond to your questions and attempt to resolve your problem.
  • If they are unable to resolve your issues immediately, your complaint will be submitted to the Department of Complaints and Advice.
  • The case will be closed if the department resolves it.
  • If the situation is not resolved satisfactorily, the person in charge will direct you to submit an official complaint, which will result in a court case.


Online complaint option for MOHRE

Employees and employers alike can file a complaint through the MOHRE’s official website or mobile app. The procedure necessitates that you:

  • Visit the MOHRE website or get the app.
  • Choose ‘Salary Complaint’ or ‘Labour Complaint’.
  • Register as a user using your mobile phone number.
  • Fill out the complaint form and submit it.

Within 72 hours of submitting your application, you will receive a call from a legal counselor working at the Twa-fouq center.

Service centres twa-fouq

Twa-fouq service centers are authorized to handle MOHRE concerns. They conduct the preliminary inquiry, make recommendations to the minister, and reach an amicable solution. They can organize a phone conversation with both parties or a meeting with a legal advisor.

If the necessary parties do not reach an agreement within two weeks, the request is referred to the court. Furthermore, these service centers respond to concerns about work relationships and provide legal guidance.

Courts of labour

The Twa-fouq service center also provides the court with a case note containing a synopsis of the issue. This includes labor department comments as well as evidence from both parties. A hearing date will be set by the court. If necessary, the court may summon a labor department representative to explain the facts of the case. Following that, a decision will be made on the subject.


Here’s how to check the status of a MOHRE complaint:

  • Visit the MOHRE Services page.
  • Visit the official website.
  • Please include your Complaint Reference Number.
  • Click the Submit button.

This will provide you with an update on the status of your complaint. For MOHRE complaint tracking, one can alternatively use the App or call the call center.

More Blog:

Dubai’s hottest new property launches in January 2023


This article is only offered for educational purposes, providing a general understanding of its material, including relevant laws and regulations, and is not meant to provide specific legal advice. The Blog is not meant to take the place of qualified guidance from a licensed professional.

Sign up for our Newsletter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *